Photo Caption: Keto Lemon Pound Cake, Oh my!!! Gonna try this recipe ASAP!!
Guys this cake!!!! Keto Lemon pound cake… #ketobaking #byebyecarbs #letthemeatcake #paleofriendly
—- This makes a total of 16 servings of pound cake. Each slice comes out to be 254.19 Calories, 23.4g Fats, 2.49g Net Carbs, and 7.9g Protein.
Don’t be afraid to half the recipe (it makes a lot) or cook in smaller pans and freeze some (just watch cook times). Don’t like lemon, just use vanilla, or almond extract. It comes out JUST like pound cake!!! Pound cake
2 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups erythritol
8 whole eggs, room temperature
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon lemon extract
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces cream cheese
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup powdered erythritol
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese, and erythritol into a mixing bowl.
2. Cream together the butter and erythritol until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth
3. Add in the eggs, lemon extract,and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
4. In a medium sized bowl: mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
6. Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 60 – 120 minutes at 350F or until smooth in the middle when tested with a toothpick. If creating a glaze: blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.